July 5, 2017

Marble Nail Art

 I bought this.
Welcome to Samantha by the Sea! Today we will be exploring a hobby from my past, nail art! Nail art was a hobby of mine for quite a few years (I even blogged about it!), but I sadly fell out of it. I'm starting to get back into nail art, so I thought I'd take you on that journey with me!

Marble Nail Art OPI LA Colors Pure Ice Sally Hansen

For this marble inspired look I started off with my holy grail base coat, Revlon Colorstay Gel-Smooth Base Coat, on all of my nails. For the marble nail art I loosely followed a tutorial by Nina Nailed It. I started off with two coats of Wet n Wild French White Cremé. For the marbled look I used a mixture of a black sharpie marker and rubbing alcohol on a nail art brush. I accented it with L.A. Colors Art Deco Nail Art Striper in Black. Once I completed my desired marble look, I added silver foil pieces to bring the look together.
 
As for the rest of my nails, I applied two coats of Sally Hansen Jam Sesh on my index finger, two coats of OPI In True Stefani Fashion on my middle finger, and two coats of Pure Ice Shining Knight on my pinky finger and thumb. I topped everything off with a thick coat of Sally Hansen Insta-Dry Top Coat.

I feel like this was the perfect look to ease myself back into nail art! While I know that there are some improvements to be made, I'm extremely happy with the overall look!

Have you ever tried sharpie nail art? Do you have any suggestions for what I should try next? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment