July 24, 2017

Alba Botanica Hawaiian Detox Sheet Mask

 I bought this.

Welcome back to Samantha by the Sea! Today I wanted to share with you my thoughts on the Alba Botanica Hawaiian Detox Sheet Mask with anti-pollution volcanic clay.


Price: $2.50 USD

Claims: The goal of this mask is to mirco-extract pollutants from the skin and to dissolve debris. The end result should be fresh, bright, and renewed skin.

Fit: This black colored sheet mask did not fit on my face well. I had to stay extremely still during the fifteen minutes that I wore this mask because if I did not, it would move and start to touch my eyes.

Essence: The mask had a milky essence. It saturated the entirety of the mask and there was little to no essence left in the pouch.

Smell: The smell of this mask was horrible. Based on the smell alone I would not repurchase this mask.

Results: After fifteen minutes of wear I could not handle the smell anymore and the mask started to burn my face, so I removed it. Instead of letting the rest of the essence seep into my skin I washed it off using cold water, as I had to get rid of the burning sensation. Once the burning sensation stopped, my skin felt soft and firmed. 

I was excited to try this mask, but the smell, combined with the fit and burning sensation I experienced, are why I am not recommending this sheet mask. After looking at some of the reviews on Amazon (it received a 1.4/5), I know that I am not alone in this decision. There are plenty of other similarly priced sheet masks out there that are way better quality.

If you have any recommendations for good skin detoxing sheet masks, let me know below!

No comments:

Post a Comment