June 23, 2017

Ipsy Glam Bag Reveal: June 2017

 I bought this.
Welcome to my first blog post on Samantha by the Sea! For my first post, I've decided to share with you what I received in this month's Ipsy Glam Bag. The theme of the bag was Volume Up. This is the first bag I'd ever received from Ipsy, so I'm extremely excited to share with you what I got!


The Bag
As you can see this month's bag was adorable! It was tan with white polka dots and black accents, with a giant set of red lips on the center! I was very impressed with the quality of the bag; it was made well and I think it will last me a while.

The Contents
Beauty For Real I-LINE 24/7 Eyeliner in 24 Karat ($14): A shimmery gold gel eyeliner.
NYX Whipped Lip & Cheek Soufflé in Cocoa Bean ($6): A nude brown product that can be used as lipstick or blush.
Margaret Dabbs London Treatment Enriched Nail Polish in Green Daylily ($22): A jewel toned polish that only needs ONE (yes one!!) coat.
Trissola Chia 5-in-1 Defining Curl Cream ($8): A cream to tame unruly curls.
Luna by Luna Cosmetics Eyeshadow in Jace ($15): A vegan and cruelty free matte rose eyeshadow.

The Review
Overall, I thought that this was a pretty decent bag for my first time receiving Ipsy! It retailed for approximately $65 USD, which isn't bad for a $10 subscription! The nail polish was AMAZING, as was the eyeliner and eyeshadow. The lip and cheek soufflé matched my skin tone well, but I ended up giving it to someone who I know will get a lot of use out of it. The curl cream was probably the biggest disappointment in the entire bag, as not only was it extremely sticky feeling, but it left my hair frizzy and my curls undefined, which is the opposite of what it was meant to do.

Make sure to follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to see how I end up using these products! And stay tuned, they may appear in future blog posts!

I'm curious, do you subscribe to Ipsy? If so, how was your bag this month? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment